Celebrate your love for each other in the exotic paradise of Costa Rica.
Costa Rica continues to be one of the top honeymoon destinations for its warm tropical weather, natural beauty, friendly people, affordability, and ease of travel.
For your Costa Rica honeymoon, escape to the southern Pacific region – a marvelous, untouched paradise and lesser traveled than many other areas. Breathtakingly beautiful, this is the place to go to for secluded beaches, lush rainforest, exotic wildlife, and romantic honeymoon heaven.
If being eco-friendly on your honeymoon is important to you, Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge holds the prestigious TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Platinum Status, and the highest level of sustainability in the national Certificate of Sustainable Tourism program by the Costa Rica Tourism Board.
The ecolodge near the Osa Peninsula is set on a 165-acre private nature reserve bordering the Piedras Blancas National Park and gulf of Golfo Dulce, featuring pristine gulf beaches, rainforest hiking trails and waterfalls.
You’ll receive a warm welcome and friendly excellent service at Nicuesa Lodge, with jungle-chic accommodations in private cabins in the rainforest along the gulf. Meals are a unique culinary offering of inventive Costa Rican cuisine with an emphasis on fresh fish, tropical fruits and fresh vegetables, many of which are grown in the lodge’s hydroponic garden.
To make your honeymoon planning easy, Nicuesa Lodge offers a Costa Rica Honeymoon Package that includes:
- Accommodation at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge in a private one-bedroom cabin or the Cabin Suite;
- 3 Delicious meals, snacks and juices daily;
- Boat pick-up and drop-off from the towns of Golfito or Puerto Jimenez;
- 1 Rainforest Aromatherapy Massage per person in the privacy of your cabin or at the private beach deck;
- 1 private candlelight dinner on the lodge terrace with a bottle of champagne or wine, or “Jungle Love Cocktails”;
- Unlimited self-guided hikes on lodge reserve trails, and unlimited use of kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, snorkeling and fishing equipment;
- 1 private guided Rainforest Hike to the waterfall-swimming hole;
- 3 guided activities & nature/wildlife tours of your choice:
- Kayak Tour of Golfo Dulce
- Rio Esquinas Mangrove Jungle River Tour (by kayak or motor boat)
- Rainforest Hike in Piedras Blancas National Park
- Botanical Garden Tour
- Golfo Dulce Boat/Snorkeling Tour
- Golfo Dulce In-Shore Fishing Tour – 2 hour tour (Pacific Ocean sport fishing available at an extra cost)
In addition to Nicuesa’s Honeymoon Package, individual or “a la carte” services may be arranged. Daily yoga classes are available at an additional cost.
Where is Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge?
Half the adventure of visiting Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge is getting there. The lodge is only accessible by boat on the gulf of Golfo Dulce. To get there, you either fly or drive to the gulf towns of Puerto Jimenez or Golfito, and then cross the gulf in one of the lodge’s boats.
When to Go?
Mid-December to early May is Costa Rica’s dry season along the Pacific Coast. Even when Costa Rica’s rainy season starts in the second half of May, most days are hot and sunny with rain showers in the late afternoon or at night. March to July are the hottest months. August and September are the rainiest. The lodge closes from Oct. 1 to Nov. 15 every year for maintenance.
Article by Shannon Farley