Why visit Costa Rica? People ask me that all of the time. Everywhere I go, from Europe to the United States to other parts of Latin America, it seems nearly everyone has heard of Costa Rica and is intrigued about the little Central American country.
Besides being a peace-loving nation full of friendly people, Costa Rica fills its small territory with tremendous diversity. There is an incredibly large country-wide system of national parks, private reserves and wildlife refuges protecting exotic, unique nature. People come for the rainforest and nature, the beaches and volcanoes, and the widely varied tropical climate.
On top of all of that, adventure lovers find Costa Rica adventure travel unsurpassed. Whitewater rafting on gorgeous tropical rivers, hiking by active volcanoes, rappelling down waterfalls, scuba diving bountiful waters, surfing perfect waves, zip-lining and trekking through rainforest – these adventures will get you excited about life.
Horizontes has five suggestions for Costa Rica adventure tours in Costa Rica vacation packages from six days to nine days. Or design your own Costa Rica holiday. Horizontes is a pioneer in tourism in Costa Rica, celebrating 30 years of dependable and expert travel services. Their extensive local knowledge and networks provide a strong competitive advantage.
- 9-day Water Sports Adventure that includes scuba diving, a visit to the Corcovado National Park and Manuel Antonio National Park, with transportation by domestic flights.
- 8-day Surfing Adventure to the best surf spots on Costa Rica’s Pacific and Caribbean Coasts.
- 8-day Costa Rica Multisport Adventure to the exciting active volcanoes of Rincon de la Vieja in Guanacaste and Arenal Volcano on the Northern Plains, that includes hiking, horseback riding, volcanic hot springs, kayaking and mountain biking.
- 6-day adventure to Arenal Volcano that includes kayaking on Lake Arenal, rappelling down waterfalls in a rainforest canyon, and mountain biking by the active volcano.
- 6-day tour whitewater rafting on the world-famous Pacuare River in the heart of the Costa Rica rainforest, and an exciting visit by catamaran to the gorgeous tropical paradise of Tortuga Island in the Nicoya Gulf.
Article by Shannon Farley