Pranamar Villas prides itself on their healthy snacks like fresh juices and smoothies. Check out their fresh, healthy menu on a visit to Santa Teresa!
Article by Shannon Farley
Warm sunshine, endless ocean, great surf, and forest all around make you want to be outside and active. Some of the best yoga classes in the world get you moving and inspired. Plus, an abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables, and straight-out-of-the-ocean seafood means it’s easy to eat healthy.
Luc’s Seafood Grill & Chapa Restaurant at Pranamar Villas prides itself on their healthy snacks like fresh smoothies, in addition to their widely varied menu that includes vegan and vegetarian dishes along with gluten and dairy free options. They source fresh ingredients with a strong emphasis on using organic and locally produced products.
Here are some ideas for the best healthy snacks for an active lifestyle:
- Green smoothies – similar to traditional fruit smoothies, they contain more green veggies like kale, spinach, collard greens, parsley, dandelion greens, cilantro, basil, and watercress. Add banana, apple, pear, avocado, pineapple or mango to enhance the flavor and texture.
- Cut-up veggies — one of the healthiest kids’ snacks for grown-ups. Try raw organic broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, celery, and red bell peppers.
- Organic fruit like berries, apples, bananas, oranges, and seasonal fruit in your area. In Costa Rica, you have access to a huge variety of tropical fruit all year long, like mangoes, pineapple, papaya, guanabana, passion fruit, starfruit, watermelon and other melons.
- Hummus – this flavorful bean-based dip made from chickpeas is perfect for dipping your cut-up veggies. It’s also a good protein spread, and substitute for mayonnaise, on your sandwiches and veggie wraps.
- Yogurt and granola with berries – makes a great light breakfast or mid-morning snack.
- Oatmeal with fresh fruit, such as berries, apples or bananas is another excellent, energy-inducing breakfast, mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
Try one of Pranamar Villas’ fresh juices or a signature Superfood smoothie next time you visit.
Even better, you can learn all about the benefits of juicing, and also cannabidiol oil, at a fun, informative workshop on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. at Pranamar Villas. The cost is $20 per person. Blood pressure and blood sugar screening will be available. Contact the hotel for more information and reservations.
Juicing is one of the best concentrated ways to get a multitude of nutrients from fruits, vegetables, and other healthy foods. Cannabidiol oil (or CBD or hemp oil) is an ancient natural remedy that has been gaining popularity due to its incredible healing power. Extracted from the hemp plant, this safe (and legal) oil is a versatile natural remedy for ailments like chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, cancer pain, seizures, anxiety and depression. Learn more about CBD oil here.