Del Mar Surfing Academy has your solution! Day Surf Camps for kids and teens run from June through September (see dates) at the Academy’s prime location at Playa Hermosa just south of Jaco Beach on the Central Pacific Coast. Day camps are great for kids and teens on vacation with their family in the area, or locals who live nearby.
Day Surf Camps include daily surf instruction and all equipment, conversational Spanish practice, breakfast, lunch and snacks, surfing and safety workshop before every class, video analysis of surf lesson after session, and the option to compete in a Saturday Surf Contest. Camps run Monday to Saturday. The schedule depends on tide times and wave conditions, but camps generally go from morning to about 4:00 pm.
What’s so cool about surfing?
Maybe it’s the rush of catching a wave and the feeling of flying on water as you drop down the wave’s face. Or that the ocean doesn’t care who you are or what you can do. The thrill of being out in the water is still the same. Besides, it’s a great way to get and stay in shape. Just like any sport, it’s important to get training so you know what you are doing.
Check out Del Mar Surfing Academy surf camps for kids and teens – they’re inspiring the next generation of surfers!
- Spring Break surf vacations in Costa Rica! (enchanting-costarica.com)
- Surf + yoga vacations refresh your life (enchanting-costarica.com)
- Surf Camp for Kids and Teens (delmarsurfcamp.com)
- Perfect Saturday Fun: Kids Surf Club! (delmarsurfingacademy.com)
- Recharging the New Surf Season (delmarsurfcamp.com)
- 2012 Surf Camps & More! (delmarsurfcamp.com)